Baked Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms is one of those everyone-should-know-how-to-make recipes. It’s easy and comes together quickly. In fact, it’s hard to mess up!
I find it hard to believe that some people don’t like mushrooms.
Don’t get me wrong, I know that there are such people, and quite a lot of them, but it’s still difficult to understand. It probably has to do with the fact that I grew up in a family where mushrooms were eaten at least once a week. Especially during the season. Fast forward years later, and I still have the same love for mushrooms. I simply can’t get enough of them! On pizza, in pasta, or simply as a side, mushrooms are one of my favorite vegetables to prepare. Another thing I like about mushrooms – only a couple of ingredients, and yet a complete and tasty lunch!
It’s one of go-to recipes, which in the end you love so much that you can prepare them every day, over and over. Baked Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms are so simple, no sauteing, no flipping, no watching a skillet, a little lemon zest, garlic and parmesan, and complete and tasty meal for you to enjoy it.
With 5-10 minutes of prep time and around 15 minutes of baking time – it’s totally true and totally amazing, making this dinner is probably even less work than going out or getting takeout, and– HELLO! It’s Mushrooms, garlic, parmesan and lemon zest baked in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil! What’s not to love?!
It’s Mushrooms, garlic, parmesan and lemon zest baked in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil! What’s not to love?!
- 1 pound raw, thinly sliced mushrooms (I used baby bella and white mushrooms, but any kind will work)
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Zest the lemon, reserving the juice for later.
- In a small bowl combine zest, thyme and olive oil just enough to make the mixture pourable.
- Spread mushrooms an even layer on a baking sheet (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy)
- Drizzle with half the olive oil mixture evenly among the mushrooms, just spreading it across the top, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the parmesan over the mushrooms and return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until mushrooms turn a golden brown color. Toss occasionally.
- You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get the cheese melts and extra browned on top.
- Remove from oven.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil mixture and lemon juice to taste over the mushrooms.
- Serve immediately.