Cauliflower casserole is a great low carb dinner recipe that also works well as a side dish. You’re going to love our easy loaded cauliflower casserole recipe!
Our loaded cauliflower casserole is bursting with flavor. This casserole takes cauliflower to a whole new level thanks to yummy ingredients like sour cream, lots of cheese, and crispy bacon.
This is a modal window.
LOADED CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE RECIPE
I’m a believer in the casserole as a dinner solution for busy families, and this loaded cauliflower casserole might just be one of my favorite easy casserole recipes.
Old-fashioned casseroles are usually loaded with pasta or rice, but I’m loving this casserole because the main star of the dish is healthy cauliflower. Three cheers for vegetables!
Even my kids who aren’t typically huge fans of cauliflower love this cheesy and delicious loaded cauliflower casserole recipe.
Come to think of it, and the thought literally just popped into my head, if you wanted to add some more nutrition here you could use half cauliflower and half broccoli in this dish.
EASY KETO CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE
This is a wonderful casserole for anyone doing the keto diet. With just 3 carbs per serving, it’s a satisfying dinner that will help keep you on track with your goals.
Whether this loaded cauliflower casserole is a main dish or a side dish is up for debate.
RELATED: Love casseroles? Don’t miss this amazing Mexican tater tot casserole and my keto breakfast casserole.
For me, personally, I could easily make a warm bowl of this casserole my entire dinner, but you can serve it alongside your favorite meat and a garden salad.
If you wanted to beef-up the casserole (err… chicken-it-up?) you could shred some rotisserie chicken and add it to the dish prior to baking.
When I was a kid my mom would always steam a pan of cauliflower and then sprinkle a bunch of cheddar cheese on top. She and I would eat a huge plate of that stuff and it’s what made me grow to love cauliflower when I was younger.
This loaded cauliflower casserole recipe reminds me of the cheesy plates of cauliflower that my mom would whip-up, but WAY BETTER.
The crispy bacon in this cauliflower casserole really sends it over the top. It adds a nice crunch that pairs nicely with the creamy steamed cauliflower and cheese.
This loaded cauliflower casserole recipe is definitely worth giving a try. Be sure to add it to your weekly meal plan this week and let me know how you like it!
Oh, and if you’re interested in utilizing cauliflower in more recipes, you’ll love my cauliflower pizza crust!
- 8 slices of bacon, fried crispy
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded colby & monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees. Spray a 11×7 (you can also use 13×9) baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet until crispy and crumble. Set aside.
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine your sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch seasoning, black pepper in a large bowl. Add the steamed cauliflower florets, 1/2 of the bacon, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons chives; mix well. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with your colby & monterey jack cheese and the other half of the bacon.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or just until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Garnish casserole with remaining chives.
Yield: 8 Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297 Total Fat: 26.6g Saturated Fat: 9.8g Trans Fat: 0.4g Unsaturated Fat: 14.8g Cholesterol: 53.6mg Sodium: 798mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0.5g Sugar: 1.2g Protein: 11.4g