Your entire family just got home from all of their busy days. Your kids had sports and music practice, leaving them hungry. You and your spouse just got off work and the last thing you want to do is prepare a gourmet meal.
And between homework, chores and play time, there’s little time for anything extra. Like, say, meals.
You’re all hangry and tired and you need food stat.
I cannot even tell you how many time my family has been in this exact situation. Since then, we’ve put together tons of easy Slow cooker and InstantPot recipes that can be thrown together in 5 minutes in the morning, or taken care of in less than 30 (cooking time included!) in the evening.
So when you see this horribly, hangry weeknight situation headed your way like a runaway train, give this recipe a try:
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
I’m not kidding when I tell you this magical fact about Slow Cooker Crack Chicken:
it takes 4 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to put together.
Also everyone – from my husband, to my 4 year old and even my in laws – all LOVE this!
It’s super simple to make:
Put 4 chicken breasts in the bottom of a (linked) slow cooker. It’s totally ok for them to be completely, totally frozen. Keep it easy.
Dump 2 packets of ranch dressing mix over the chicken breasts.
Then place 2 blocks of cream cheese on top of the chicken.
Set the slow cooker to low for 8 hours, then hustle out the door to work & school.
When it’s almost time to serve the Crack Chicken, microwave some bacon, crumble it, an stir it in. Bonus points if you also microwave a broccoli steamer to serve the Slow Cooker Crack Chicken over.
- InstantPot (this is the one I have)
- Perfect Keto
- The Keto Box
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken is Low Carb, THM:S, and Ketogenic. Be sure to visit my Recipe Index for more Low Carb/Keto recipes!
4 Net Carbs
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts, frozen (about 2 pounds)
- 2 Ranch Dressing Seasoning Packets
- 2 8oz Blocks of Cream Cheese
- 8 slices Bacon, crumbled
- Place the frozen chicken in a lined slow cooker. Shake the ranch dressing mix over the top.
- Top the chicken with both blocks of cream cheese, then cover and set to cook for 8 hours on low.
- minutes before serving time, shred the chicken and mix the cream cheese in with everything in the slow cooker. Microwave the bacon (directions linked above), then crumble, and stir into the chicken.
Throw this together in the morning, & then drop me a line and let me know how you like it!